There are new types of bracing being developed all the time. Get on the internet and the chat lines and talk to people with CMT who use them, see a recommended orthotist, and, whatever you do, don't let your feet hurt. A good brace will not hurt. A good brace can also change your life and give you freedom. They're worth exploring if you are having trouble walking or standing still.
- Bracing Available for CMT Feet and Ankles Introduction by Linda Crabtree
- Handle with care…your feet are for life
by Yim M. Lok, B.Sc., C.O. ( C )
- In praise of the mighty AFO (Ankle Foot Orthosis (AFOs or short leg braces)
by Dr. Robert Sampson, U.S.A.
- Various types of bracing
- Questions about bracing Dr. Kamal Ibrahim, Chief, Section of Pediatric Orthopaedics and Scoliosis, Loyola University Medical Center, and Clinical Professor of Orthopedics, Loyola University, Chicago answers the question 'When to brace'
- Bracing in CMT
by Yim May Lok, B. Sc., C.O. (c)
- Treating heel pain effectively with foot orthotics
by Yim May Lok, C.O. ( C)
- Personal stories on bracing